So when I say we dance a lot that is an understatement. We eat, sleep and breath dance. Its one of those turns in life you never expected to take and never aspired to be but its good. (for the most part).
I left the drill team and years of dance behind me with no plans to ever do it again. I loved it but never thought it would be more than that. After all I was going to have boys cause after 5 brothers and mostly nephews that was all I knew and that is what Mike and I planned on having, hahahahaha! (wouldn't change our girls for the world though). I placed Madison in a little combo class and then was approached to have her try out on the competition team, which I immediately turned down. Than I found myself being asked by my friend who was becoming the office manager if I would be a secretary and Madison could join the competition team and so I reluctantly agreed. A few months after that I then found myself teaching at the last minute when the teacher couldn't make it and it stuck. It has been lots of fun! and a great experience for all of us. Its a lot of dancing though and poor daddy is desperate for someone to love soccer. Last year I ended up being there Monday for maddies classes and to do the secretary work, than the one who basically runs it was having a baby so I took her competition classes so was there tues, thurs, Friday for my classes and Saturday for practice or competition. So there almost every day of the week all of us exausted, me trying to pretend like I was still 18 after one to many switch leaps and a broken toe later we were burnt on dance! After I guess what you would call a break over the Summer we have started again, hoping this year it will be a little less crazy so we can just enjoy the ride, cause it is fun! I do start to panic a little bit cause I know Hannah thinks she is going on the team next year as I am sure she will but it will all be great!!!!!!!! So we were going to be a rugged soccer playing boy household and God has blessed us with our frilly, twirly, girly dancer household. We love it!



.jpg)
1 comment:
Sometimes I wish I could go out there and dance with the girls. They have so much fun!!! Would not trade my girls for a 1000 soccer playing boys. They are wonderful and I am blessed to call them my daughters.
Post a Comment